Monday, August 18, 2008

Electronic Freedom!!!!

I finally decided to buy a GPS.....At times I had tried my husbands and it was cute but WHY bother......Well....now I understand. 

  Driving is not my choice of travel.   I rather be on a cruise ship or a bus or a train....anything but ME driving.  I am direction challenged.  If you threw me up in the air....I WOULD not land on my feet.....and if I did...I would be going the wrong way.....

Soo....I give up....I bought a Garmin GPS and I actually tried to understand it...Which is a feat for me because I usually close my mind to all electronic things.  I expect them  to work with no help from me and if they dont I toss them in the garbage can.....

I admit...I am getting better in my old age.  More patient.... more understanding, and more determined......

So...my first adventure with Mr.  GARMINO...(He's Italian...my choice...)
 

 How do I get from the middle of a field in the middle of nowwhere to a town where I can shop at Lowes without going through the big town with lots of traffic, lots of balloons and an event that has traffic at a standstill????? 

 Mr...Garmino...has the answer...so I set out...Over hill and over dell....No fear....in fact feeling pretty brave.   and then the map says...Wheatland Ferry Road next left....Wait a minute...ferry????  in the middle of farmland????   why didnt that show up before I started????
 

  I'm not a brave traveler....this is not fun....how do I get from point A to point B.....and at this point I guess it is retreat or ferry....So I pull up my big girl panties and I go for it....

.Garmino would never lead me wrong and if he did...he would just recalculate and lead me in the right direction....I have no fear....I can travel anywhere and if I get really stuck....I can just call AAA.....

No comments: