Saturday, June 03, 2006

AM I REALLY WHAT YOU SEE?

Wow....that's a big one. I am so trying to change my routine. I have this terrible habit of coming home, cooking dinner, doing the dishes and then just plopping somewhere for the rest of the evening. I'm a morning person...so Im up at 5:30 am and usually in bed by 9:00 pm at the latest. Plopping is not necessarily a GOOD thing. I seem to plopp everywhere. I plopp at the gallery, I plopp at home, I plopp behind my torch, I plopp in the movies, I plopp in front of the TV, I plopp in front of the computer. Lots of plopping here.....Being the intelligent person I am....I know this is not a good thing. How many things do you do that aren't a good thing? Recognition of the not good thing is a step in the right direction but we need to take it further and change.

So in an effort to change, I have actually motivated myself to get in the car and drive to the beach (not far away) and walk along the sea wall or promenade. Now this step takes a conscious effort not to drink too much wine with dinner so I can drive legally to where I want to walk. I actually drive because it really is too far to walk..... plus that's an incentive to not drink so much....you know what I mean?

So, I begin my walk......I've got my camera, I am letting the beauty flow over me, I am in perfect peace with the environment.....Just in that blissful moment, these cute kids, pierced, tattered and drugged, stagger by calling me a tourist. Why would a tourist be a profanity?? Why would being a tourist bother these kids. Why would they assume I was a tourist? and really.....what does it mean to them?

I had to laugh.....I've been where they are, tattered, drunk(not pierced) and drugged.. In my own world. I'm am so very glad that my life didnt end there, that I was able to escape, to learn to respect people, to realize that I had a responsibility to this earth, to recognize my short comings, to work on them, to find God, and to find LOVE.....to accept myself, know that I am a good person, to accept others and to try to see what they are and not what I think they should be.

Miss Rosie says.......none of us are what the other person sees or wants all the time....we is US and sometimes it's good and sometimes it's not.

No comments: