Thursday, June 11, 2009

How should I feel? Pandemic declared

Excerpt from gotquestions.org link above "Whether the current outbreak of swine flu is part of God’s judgment or the result of living in a fallen, sinful world, and whether or not it is a signal that the end times is beginning, our response should be the same.

For those who do not know Jesus Christ as Savior, disease is a reminder that life on this earth is tenuous and can be lost at any moment. Without the saving blood of Christ shed for us, we will pay for our sins for all eternity in a hell that will make the worst pandemic seem mild.

For the Christian, however, we have the assurance of salvation and the hope of eternity because of what Christ suffered on the cross for us (Isaiah 53:5; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 9:28)".

My thoughts: I can remember when I would have been afraid, of when I thought this life was all there was and it would go on forever. When you are young, death is not real. Well, I'm older now (61) and death is still not real... What is real for me and gives me great peace is that Eternal Life is real, not in this world, but in God's world. Yea!!!

No comments: