Wednesday, July 28, 2010

This is why I am not able to be silent





The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ has in it all that is good, for time and for eternity. To wish that our friends may have this grace with them, is wishing them the utmost good. And this we should wish all our friends and brethren in Christ. We can wish them nothing greater, and we should wish them nothing less. True Christianity makes us wish those whom we love, the blessings of both worlds; this is meant in wishing the grace of Christ to be with them.

And, know, that I know that I am a sinner, saved by accepting Jesus Christ as my savior, blessed with eternal life and forever in battle with the "dark" that surrounds me in this world.  I have come to understand that I want more than to just know God and accept him, I want to have a living, breathing, enjoying relationship with him while I am here on earth before I get to the indescribable relationship I will have with him once I put on my new body.  

I can suggest reading the Bible, if not a believer, as a person interested in a good history book, or, if you must, a science fiction book.  It is real and puts the puzzle together beautifully.   But remember, there are things we will never know now and that is where faith comes in.  The end of doubt is the beginning of repose (a state of peace)

No comments: